I haven't shown much in recent months that features my doodling and zentangle-inspired art, even though I still doodle regularly. I discovered zentangling almost three years ago and immediately became hooked on it. I was, and still am, so grateful for discovering this new art form and being able to integrate it into my mixed media work. Having worked in collage and mixed media for so many years, it was wonderful to be able to infuse my work with something new and interesting. Any artist fears their work becoming stale and getting bored with doing the same old thing. Adding doodling to my art, has given me (and the art) a boost and moved me in new directions. That is always a good thing for an artist.
Here are two little original magnets I made recently. I doodled them on my own handpainted papers and I really like how they turned out. They are encased in acrylic magnetic holders which protect the art well. They measure about 3.5" X 3.5" and will be available in my Etsy store here very soon. $9.95US each. If purchased here through my blog, I will pay the shipping anywhere in North America as my thanks for the support.
If you want to find out more about the art of zentangle, check out these websites:
- FEBRUARY GIVEAWAY - ENTER TO WIN!!
- UPCYCLING PLASTIC PLATES INTO ART
- February's Art Abandonment Project
- Altered Spoon Art
- MORE FREE IMAGES TO DOWNLOAD
- Come Through The Portal - Art Journal Page
- GLITTER, GLITTER EVERYWHERE!
- "Find Harmony" - Inspirational Mixed Media Art
- "The Only Gift ..." Original Art In My Etsy Shop
- Zentangle-Inspired Original Magnet Art
- Abandoned Art - "Reve Du Papillon"
- "Gypsy Spirit" Art Journal
- FREE ST. PATRICK'S DAY VINTAGE IMAGES
- ATC and ACEO Art
- Fun With The Gelli Plate
- FREE DOWNLOAD - GRUNGY PLAYING CARDS
- More Funky Collage & Altered Art Stuff
- Cool Digital Images From Retro Cafe Art
- Using Humor In Art
- Crafty-emblies: Blog Candy
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2014 (21)