Come Through The Portal - Art Journal Page



This piece was originally done as an art journal page but I decided to make it into a standalone piece of art to sell.

It measures about 6X6 and was mounted on recycled heavy cardstock to give it a firm base and then covered with salvaged blue foil that I had kept from another project's scraps.  If you look closely at the background where you see the dark blue, you can probably tell it is foil that I have highlighted with copper leaf foiling.

Then the rest of the collage was built on top of the blue foil, using little bits of leftover scrapbooking paper, some stamped images, blue scribbles with my Neocolors and a beautiful vintage image from my CD collection.  I took vintage images of butterflies and printed them onto sticker paper to make my own stickers to embellish this piece, and also used recycled ribbon roses (left over from a wedding gift I made years ago) to highlight the butterflies.  The back is finished and hangs from recycled ribbon.

The saying is, "Will You Come Through The Portal And Meet Your Destiny?"  I often make up sayings for my art that are inspired by my love for the study of metaphysics.  This was one such quote.  The piece represents awakening to one's full potential if we would only step across the barriers of our own self-imposed limitations.

I hope you enjoy this piece.

I will be listing this piece soon for $29.95US and if purchased through my blog, I will cover the shipping costs of approximately $10.00 (anywhere in North America) as my thanks for your support of my creative endeavors!


No comments: