It's true. Nothing is safe in my household from being altered into something artsy. Even something as humble as a wooden spoon.
I took a plain wooden spoon and used a variety of rubber stamps to embellish it. The saying is one of my favourites, "Bloom Where You Are Planted."
I then took a silk flower that had been discarded and paired it up with a handmade clay face cabochon and glued it to the bowl of the spoon. Some funky fibers were also added for additional textural interest.
Magnets were added to the back so that it can be displayed as "kitchen art."
- FEBRUARY GIVEAWAY - ENTER TO WIN!!
- UPCYCLING PLASTIC PLATES INTO ART
- February's Art Abandonment Project
- Altered Spoon Art
- MORE FREE IMAGES TO DOWNLOAD
- Come Through The Portal - Art Journal Page
- GLITTER, GLITTER EVERYWHERE!
- "Find Harmony" - Inspirational Mixed Media Art
- "The Only Gift ..." Original Art In My Etsy Shop
- Zentangle-Inspired Original Magnet Art
- Abandoned Art - "Reve Du Papillon"
- "Gypsy Spirit" Art Journal
- FREE ST. PATRICK'S DAY VINTAGE IMAGES
- ATC and ACEO Art
- Fun With The Gelli Plate
- FREE DOWNLOAD - GRUNGY PLAYING CARDS
- More Funky Collage & Altered Art Stuff
- Cool Digital Images From Retro Cafe Art
- Using Humor In Art
- Crafty-emblies: Blog Candy
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2014 (21)