I admit it. I am not comfortable drawing, painting or creating faces in any way, shape or form. There I said it. Now maybe I can get on with the business of practicing faces so I will be confident creating them.
This journal page uses a stencil from the fabulous Julie Fei-Fan Balzer of Balzer Designs. She created several face stencils for those face-phobes like me who avoid 'em. This was my first attempt at working with her stencils and I am pretty happy with the results. The simple background was created with sprays (Adirondack Color Washes, as well as some home made recipes). I used a pencil with the stencil and then a heavy Sharpie marker. A finer marker did all the little words in her hairdo, as well as the drippy hearts (my favourite-est doodle). Her eyelid, lips and earring are embellished with purple glitter.
This journal page is called, "She Is ..." and she is all the adjectives noted in her 'do.'
- Handmade Art Journal Project
- NEW YEAR'S PRIZE PROMOTION - You Could Win!!
- Handmade Art Journal - Part 2
- NEW YEAR'S PRIZE PROMOTION WINNERS
- Altered Birthday Card Art Journal - Part 2
- The Evolution of An Art Journal Page
- VINTAGE VALENTINE FREEBIES !!
- Facing Your Fears - Art Journalling With Confiden...
- FREE Funky Images For Your Art Projects!
- Facing Your Fears - Part 2
- The Great Canadian Travelling Art Journal Challeng...
- ANGEL ORNAMENTS by KATHLEEN and LOIS
- Wish Upon A Star - Altered Art Doll
- "Discard Divas" Altered Art
- Paper Towel Art? Really??
- Altered Art Bingo Cards
- MORE Angel Ornaments, Courtesy of Kay and Mary Bet...
- MORE FREE VALENTINE'S IMAGES
- Where Do You Get Your Quotes?
- Altered Art With Game Pieces
- ART DOLLS "HOW TO" With Recycled Supplies
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2014 (21)