I did a whole series of "Discard Divas" who were all made from a variety of recycled materials, hence their name.
These two examples were created by altering laminate samples from the hardware store. Yes, you read that correctly. Laminate samples, like the kind you'd take home to see how they'd look in your kitchen if you were thinking of replacing your countertops. These sample pieces were about 4" X 5" but most you'll see in the hardward store are much smaller. They make a great base onto which to create small art because they are very sturdy and have nice finished edges. The hole in the top makes for ease of display once they are turned into some fun and funky altered art.
I used paint, inks and stamped images on the laminate itself for the background. The divas are made up of a variety of vintage images, discarded/salvaged items and assorted embellishments. Each piece is adorned with scrap fibers and funky ribbons.
- Handmade Art Journal Project
- NEW YEAR'S PRIZE PROMOTION - You Could Win!!
- Handmade Art Journal - Part 2
- NEW YEAR'S PRIZE PROMOTION WINNERS
- Altered Birthday Card Art Journal - Part 2
- The Evolution of An Art Journal Page
- VINTAGE VALENTINE FREEBIES !!
- Facing Your Fears - Art Journalling With Confiden...
- FREE Funky Images For Your Art Projects!
- Facing Your Fears - Part 2
- The Great Canadian Travelling Art Journal Challeng...
- ANGEL ORNAMENTS by KATHLEEN and LOIS
- Wish Upon A Star - Altered Art Doll
- "Discard Divas" Altered Art
- Paper Towel Art? Really??
- Altered Art Bingo Cards
- MORE Angel Ornaments, Courtesy of Kay and Mary Bet...
- MORE FREE VALENTINE'S IMAGES
- Where Do You Get Your Quotes?
- Altered Art With Game Pieces
- ART DOLLS "HOW TO" With Recycled Supplies
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2014 (21)