As a kid of the 1960s I had this fun game called, "Funny Bones." It was kind of like Twister but without the sheet of plastic on the floor. Instead, you used cards with instructions like "connect the hand bone to the hip bone," to contort yourselves into hilarious positions.
Somehow, I ended up keeping that set of cards with me for decades and decades and finally decided I should either get rid of the set or do something with the cards. Again, like the large sized laminate samples I blogged about on January 20th, they were such a good size and good material onto which to do some altered art.
So, here are some examples of the altered art / mixed media / collage work I made with a few of them. As always, I used a high content of recycled/reclaimed materials in these pieces, along with vintage images, stamped images, assorted embellishments, paints, inks and other materials.
I hope you enjoy these!
- Handmade Art Journal Project
- NEW YEAR'S PRIZE PROMOTION - You Could Win!!
- Handmade Art Journal - Part 2
- NEW YEAR'S PRIZE PROMOTION WINNERS
- Altered Birthday Card Art Journal - Part 2
- The Evolution of An Art Journal Page
- VINTAGE VALENTINE FREEBIES !!
- Facing Your Fears - Art Journalling With Confiden...
- FREE Funky Images For Your Art Projects!
- Facing Your Fears - Part 2
- The Great Canadian Travelling Art Journal Challeng...
- ANGEL ORNAMENTS by KATHLEEN and LOIS
- Wish Upon A Star - Altered Art Doll
- "Discard Divas" Altered Art
- Paper Towel Art? Really??
- Altered Art Bingo Cards
- MORE Angel Ornaments, Courtesy of Kay and Mary Bet...
- MORE FREE VALENTINE'S IMAGES
- Where Do You Get Your Quotes?
- Altered Art With Game Pieces
- ART DOLLS "HOW TO" With Recycled Supplies
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2014 (21)