I and many of my fellow online artists have spent the past year taking numerous classes with the incredible Joanne Sharpe. See her blog here.
She is such a generous soul and she has certainly inspired me and my classmates to push beyond our comfort limits in our art.
One of her recent classes was "Bling It On," and it was all about working with sparkly, glittery materials. It was SO much fun!
Joanne knows that I am a recycling collage artist first and foremost, so I know she will be pleased when she sees this altered art doll made in her honour. "The Goddess Of Bling" is about 6" X 7" in total and she is made using some salvaged butterfly wings that were headed to the trash. Her body is made from a Molson Canadian chipboard beer coaster (painted copper with black swirls and then treated with Golden's Glass Bead Gel medium). The effect, which doesn't show up well in the scan, is almost like glittery ice. In fact, at first I thought I'd name her the Ice Goddess. Recycled filigree jewelry findings, glitter glass and faux gemstones were also used. I made her face and headdress from FIMO clay.
Really, the scan does not do the piece justice. It is SO sparkly and shimmery, and because she is a hanging piece of art she catches the light whenever she moves.
Thanks, Joanne, for being such an inspiration and for become a good friend to us. I treasure every moment I have spent in your classes and getting to know you a bit better as one of my online pals.
- Journal Cover from "Bling It On"
- So What's In That Just-Finished Art Journal??
- More Stuff From That Finally-Finished Journal
- We Want Some Old Stuff !!
- We Want Some Old Stuff - Part 2
- We Want Some Old Stuff - Part 3
- The Goddess Of Bling Altered Art Doll
- We Want Some Old Stuff - Part 4
- We Want Some Old Stuff - Part 5
- Altered Birthday Card Art Journal Project
- Recycled Christmas Card Angel Ornaments
- Recycled CD Art
- HOW TO Make Those Recycled Christmas Card Ornament...
- Miniature Art Magnets
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2013 (108)
- ► 2014 (21)