Mixed Media Greeting Cards - Part 1





I've been making handmade greeting cards for about 20 years, the last 15 of which mostly focusing on mixed media.  I love making them and hope that the giving of a real card that you can hold in your hand has not become a lost art.  You wonder sometimes, with e-cards becoming so popular, as well as how easy it is to send a sentiment by Facebook, Twitter, or phone.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you a few of my handmade cards.  I use all sorts of things to make them including:

  • prints of my own work;
  • vintage images;
  • reclaimed scrapbooking materials
  • old wallpaper, dictionary and book pages;
  • paint, markers, dyes and inks;
  • recycled office supplies;
  • dimensional paint and glitter;
  • maps, sheet music, etc;
  • stamped images

and almost anything else I lay my hands on.

Here are a few samples.  I'll post more next week.

Cheers, my friends!
Joanna












6 comments:

Cheeka said...

These are all so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Ginny Markley said...

These are gorgeous! I hope that the art of giving cards never goes out of style...especially handmade cards!

Theresa Plas said...

Su fun and colorful! Thanks for sharing Joanna! I love your blog header too:)

geminisinger said...

I love these Joanna~so creative and fun! I enjoy seeing your work on The Studio...FB
Jackie

Erin Fish said...

These are gorgeous. My favourite is the one with the butterflies and the little one wearing her crown!

Jennifer said...

I love these! They're all so much fun! :-)