Journal Pages

It hasn't been easy for me to embrace this art journal thang.  As a kid, I never was one to keep a diary.  God forbid I wrote down some highly personal thoughts and someone else saw them!  The thought of that just terrified me.  Even doing this blog is weird for me, but hey, I'm adjusting in my old age.  ;-p

Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and start a couple of art journals last year and while I still struggle with what to do with them, I do enjoy their portability and flexibility.  I like being able to leave my studio with one, in some state of done-ness, and go join my husband in living room.  He often complains when I squirrel myself away in the studio evenings on end, so it's nice to be able to do something in front of the television he always has on.  I'm one of those people that can't just sit and watch tv.  I have to do something else while it's on otherwise I feel like I'm wasting time.

So, doodling, zentangling, coloring or otherwise enhancing my journal pages fills that need nicely.

The first journal page (called Feather Your Nest) says "Be Sure To Feather Your Nest With Love, Laughter, Dreams, Memories."

The second journal page (called Mom's Advice) has a number of sayings we all heard from our mom, including, "Clean Your Room," "Call Your Grandparents,"  "Mind Your Manners," "Eat Your Vegetables," "Say Your Prayers," "Brush Your Teeth," and "Take The Dog For A Walk."

To be listed in my Etsy store soon.  Thanks for looking!!



No comments: